HOW WE WILL SPEND THE MONEY
We believe that the upgrading of our playground will change a grey, featureless, tarmac area into an attractive space which will promote activity and creative play in a safe environment.
All ages and all abilities will be catered for. This once-off investment will not only benefit the present children in our school but also future children for years to come.
The new design for the playground layout will include various play stations such as:
- Activity Trail (balancing beam, stepping posts, climbing frame)
- Fairy Garden
- Transverse Climbing Wall
- Outdoor Classroom
- Outdoor Wall Games
- Basketball Court
We also plan to extend the school garden and green area and to paint certain sections of the playground. The benefits to our school community will hopefully be that the upgraded playground will result in:
- Getting the children moving and having fun
- Increasing communication and interaction among the child and their peers which will also benefit them among friends, in the wider community and eventually in the workplace.
- Teaching the child inter-personal skills, co-operation, patience, language (discussing who is going first etc.) and more.
- Promoting basic cognitive skills e.g. problem solving, discovery, creativity, reasoning and dexterity.
- Developing motor skills
- Creating an atmosphere in which the child feels safe and comfortable.