HOW WE WILL SPEND THE MONEY
Feed Cork distributes a 3 to 4 day supply of nutritious food to families and individuals in need.
We coordinate with supermarkets, farmers, and Food Cloud to direct surplus food to individuals and families in need. Wednesday we open our doors from 3 to 4pm and serve the community by distributing a food box with a 3 to 4 days supply of nutritious food to people in need.
We also coordinate with agencies such as Department of Social Protection to target at risk homes and ensuring they receive the extra help they need.
- We coordinate with local businesses to receive ample food donations.
- We safely store and handle food received.
- We coordinate with communities and agencies to make those in need aware.
- We distribute food boxes every Wednesday at our facility on Lower Oliver Plunkett St. from 3-4pm
- We also provide food backpacks for children every Friday that are in need, that they can carry home and have food over the weekend.
We opened our doors to the public on May 31st to fight food poverty in Cork and are a registered charity. Since then we have seen a steady growth in people availing of our services. Our projected figure is that we will eventually be serving 400-500 people a week with a free supply of fresh nutritious food.
We would also like to expand our backpack program to help as many children in need as possible. The current statistic is 1 in 5 children go to bed hungry in Cork.
To do this we need the support of generous contributors like KBC.
You can see our website at www.feedcork.com